Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beauty Bag

I've never considered myself much of a beauty buff. I actually don't know much at all when it comes to beauty. I have no set beauty routine, I'm not at all brand loyal; I guess you could say,  I'm a "less is more" kinda girl. And lazy, actually I'm more lazy than anything. Anyway a few days ago I stumbled upon an amazing, fairly new, beauty blog called, Into The Gloss. I literally spent the entire labor day weekend reading through every single post. Really...Every. Single. Post. After reading a years worth of blog posts regarding product reviews, peeks backstage at fashion shows , and countless interviews with industry insiders regarding there beauty regimen and inspirations; I think it goes without saying, Emily Weiss, you've got me inspired.

To make sure I start off on the right foot, on my new found road to beauty (which I am defining as a healthier, happier, better moisturized me), I decided to go trough my beauty bag and pic out a few things I consider necessities.

 
 (Bag: Urban Outfitters)

Staring with the face, first we have Smashbox Primer Photo Finish Light, which keeps me from getting oily and shiny when I have on concealer and foundation. It also helps to stop me from breaking out. Then I use Stila Perfecting concealer which does an amazing job covering up any unwanted spots I may have on my face.  Lastly just this past weekend I picked up this blush made by Flirt!. It's there Peek-a-Blush in Carmel Belle, a really nice soft peachy pink that adds a really nice glow to your face.

Moving onto eyes, if they're are two things I always do (since 7th grade) before I leave the house it's, put on eyeliner and mascara. The eyeliner is Maybelline Define-a-Line in Ebony black,it's my first time using the liner so I can't say much about it, but it does make a good first impression. The mascara, which also happens to be the first time I've used it, is CoverGirl's Lash Exact. My first impressions...I've had better.

 Last but not least the lip. I've never been one to wear anything on my lips except lip balm. I have pretty full lips so I never really liked the way color came across on my face. It just always looked liked too much, so I stick with Burt's Bees Lip Balm. Pretty inexpensive and doesn't make my lips feel greasy. I also love the tingly feeling it gives my lips, the only negative, there's no SPF. Even though, I pretty much know I don't like color on my lips I decided that I would give it one last try. While I was out this weekend getting blush I came across this lipstick by Flirt!. The color is called Energy, and it's a really beautiful orange. With orange being my favorite color I knew I had to get it. I have yet to  really wear it, so you'll have to wait on the review for that one.

Thanks to ITG I have a whole list of product I'm dying to try, but what about you? What are your must haves? Or what products have you been dying to try? Please Share!

xo Nikki

3 comments:

The_Unemployed_Stylist said...

Great post! I also tend to ignore the beauty side of things. Most of my makeup comes from event freebies/gifts. With that being said my two must haves that I will never ever go without are Rimmel Sunshimmer Bronzer, and Dior Show Blackout Mascara.

www.theunemployedstylist.blogspot.com

Nikki Ashley said...

Yes, thank you for reminding me! Dior show has been on my list of things to try for awhile...I almost forgot!

Xo Nikki

Beckerman Girls said...

We use the same mascara!!!! COOL blog darlin!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

Post a Comment

 

Soft Spoken Style Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger